Individual identification number
Individual identification number (IIN) is a unique combination of 12 digits generated for an individual at the initial registration in the information-production system for the production of documents.
When does foreigner need to obtain IIN in Kazakhstan?
In accordance with Article 562 of the Tax Code of the Republic of Kazakhstan, foreigner must receive an IIN in the following cases:
- Becomes a Kazakhstan tax resident (within 30 calendar days from the date of entry);
- Receiving income from sources in the Republic of Kazakhstan, which is not subject to taxation at the source of payment;
- Opening a current account in Kazakhstan resident banks;
- Acquisition of property in Kazakhstan, which is subject to property tax, vehicle tax or land tax;
- Appointment of the first heads of legal entities of the Republic of Kazakhstan, as well as heads of branches and representative offices of foreign legal entities.
Registration of taxpayers is carried out:
• In the territorial tax authorities of the Kazakhstan Ministry of Finance at the place of residence of the foreign citizen;
• In the AEC by issuing an Individual Identification Number (IIN).
Documents to be submitted to AEC for Individual identification number (IIN) issuance:
- Application (download link below);
- Notarized copy of the passport along with translation into Kazakh or Russian;
- Notarized power of attorney for a representative (if necessary).
The processing time is 3 business days. An e-mail notification will be sent once the IIN is ready.