Business visa for short-term stay
For a short stay in the Republic of Kazakhstan, foreign business partners may obtain single-entry business visas following categories:
•B1 - for participation in the conference of forums, exhibitions, concerts and other cultural or scientific events; Validity: up to 90 days/Permitted term: up to 60 days.
•B3 - for negotiations and conclusions of contracts/agreements, as well as for the founders or the Board of Directors; Validity: up to 90 days/Permitted term: up to 30 days.
Visa is issued based on invitation letter arranged by host party.
Citizens of countries that have a visa-free regime with the Republic of Kazakhstan for a set period can stay, with short-term business visit purposes without visa (the list of visa exempted countries).
1. Visa invitation
Documents to be submitted to AEC for an invitation:
- Completed form (2 hard copies and a soft copy in Excel format);
- Clear copy of passport;
- Copy of the document confirming the long-term stay (residence/work permit, long-term visitor/dependent visa with an official translation into Kazakh or Russian), if the invited party permanently resides and plans to apply for a visa out of the country of citizenship (for AIFC Bodies and Participants is not required).
- Document confirming the payment of the state fee.
The processing time is 5 business days.
An e-mail notification will be sent once the invitation is approved.
2. Visa issuance
Required documents for B1/B3 visa issuance:
- Approved invitation;
Citizens of the countries listed in the list are not required to receive an invitation for a single-entry business visa.
- Visa application form (download link below);
- Colour, or black and white photograph 3.5 x 4.5 cm;
- Original passport;
- Visa processing is subjected to the payment of consular fee (depending on the place of obtaining the visa);
- Document confirming permanent residence in a third country (if necessary).
Single-entry business visas B1/B3 are not extended.
3. Visa renewal
Visa renewal is carried out in the following cases:
•physical damage to the visa (leading to the impossibility of its further use);
•loss of visa;
•issuance of a new passport (if a visa holder applies for a new passport having the valid visa).
Documents to be submitted to AEC for В1/ В3 visa renewal:
•Notice of loss/application;
•For the further renewal of the visa, it is necessary to re-submit all the required documents specified in Section 1 and 2
4. Visa cancellation
Documents to be submitted to AEC for B1/B3 visa cancellation:
- Original passport.
5. Visa category change
A visa can be changed from business visa B3 to work visa C3 and business visa B2.