Frequently asked questions:
1. What is AIFC Expat Centre (AEC)?
AIFC Expat Centre is a specialized centre of the AIFC Authority that provides to AIFC international business partners, foreign employees and as well as other foreign citizens staying in Kazakhstan centralized one-stop-shop access to a wide range of government and soft-landing services, including in English.
2. What services are available at the AEC?
The AEC as a one-stop shop institution assists in obtaining a wide range of services:
• Kazakhstan Visa related services;
• Migration related services;
• Investor Service Centre of JSC NC «Kazakh Invest»;
• Obtaining Individual identification Number (IIN), Tax & Revenue related services;
• Electronic Digital Signature for 500+ e-government services (Public Service Centre);
• Vehicle registration services;
• Obtaining driver's license;
• Soft-landing services (guidance on and assistance in search of commercial and residential real estate, logistics companies, international schools, medical institutions, etc.);
• Notary Public services;
• Translation Bureau;
• Self service desk;
• Photo room services;
• Cashier desk;
• Call centre;
• Support & Consulting services.
3. Who are the clients of AEC?
The AEC provides favourable conditions for obtaining government and soft-landing services, not only for the AIFC participants, but also for companies who deal with foreign business partners and hire foreign employees as well as for foreign individuals visiting and residing in Nur-Sultan city. In this way, the AEC becomes an integral part of the business infrastructure of the city, contributing to the investment attractiveness of the economy of Kazakhstan.
4. What are the Visa preferences for the AIFC Participants?
To achieve the AIFC goals and create a comfortable environment for investors, a unique preferential visa regime was introduced:
· AIFC participants are exempted from obtaining work permits;
· Working visas for foreign employees of the AIFC participants can be issued for a period of up to five years;
· AIFC participants enjoys simplified visa procedures.
5. How could be arranged the first entry to the Republic of Kazakhstan?
A foreign national entering the Republic of Kazakhstan is required to present a passport and a valid visa, unless they are a citizen of a country eligible for visa-free entry when their visit purposes are short-term tourism, business, conferences, private, etc.
Foreign nationals who are not on the free visa countiries list should obtain short-term tourist, business or private visas. The visa is issued based on the invitation arranged by a host party in Kazakhstan.
6. Does the AIFC Expat Centre (AEC) charge the service fee?
All AEC services are subjected to payment of the state fee and AEC does not charge additional fees for for the provision of services.
7. Can the family members of the foreign employees be serviced at AIFC Expat Centre (AEC)?
Both foreign employees and their family members are welcomed to get government and non-government services at AEC. Dependent family members must provide confirmation of relationship and copy of the visa of a primary applicant. Other family members can get the tourist visa B12 via any travel agencies.